Thursday, January 31, 2013

9 Months Already

Logan seems to have gotten so much older this month.  He has learned quite a few things this month.  He is finally starting to decide he doesn't like to be stuck where I lay him and is so close to rolling from his back to his belly, but he still isn't quite doing it.  He is sitting a lot better and has decided he does like to stand and thinks it is hilarious when he does it.  He had his first real therapy session last month and it went really well.  Of course he hated every minute of it, but it is helping him get stronger and teaching me what to work on with him.  He got a music table for Christmas and likes to stand up to it and play, but I still have to be right there forcing him to stay up.  This little boy of mine is definitely teaching me patience and that I need to let him do things on his own time table.  It can be hard to not compare your kids to each other and especially to other kids who seem to be so far ahead of mine, but I know that is just the nature of Logan and he is really chill.  I can't complain he is still in the easy stage with no mobility.  
He is such a big boy, I know that contributes to him having a hard time moving and wanting to stand, sit etc.  It is a lot of work for him.  His head is so big, full of lots of smarts I guess!  He is now in size 4 diapers, same size as Addie and should really only be wearing 12 month clothes, but I still try to squeeze him in to some 9 months occasionally.  He is still beyond in love with his jumparoo and spends quite a bit of time in it.  He loves his baths and still hates getting dressed.  Literally tears every time!  He is such a good eater and wants everything we are eating.  I can't get him to take his bottle real great, but give him cheese, pasta, bread, yogurt, bananas, peaches, rice, eggs, or his baby snacks and he will eat his heart out.  He still spends the majority of his day smiling and it is usually because he is watching Addie.  He absolutely adores her and is always cracking up at her silly antics. He loves to feed himself and hold his bottle, when he is in the mood.  We have been working on sippy cups and he has no idea what to do, I am getting worried it will be harder to get him off the bottle than Addie, at least she could use a straw.  He now gives high 5's and waves and we are working on clapping.  He is always smiling and very easy to get to laugh, he is so ticklish!  His 9 months stats are:
Height: 28 inches-25%
Weight 21 lbs 5 oz-70%
Head 18.7 inches-95%
His head is ginormous so I guess I should give him a break, it is a lot of work moving his chubby self around!
 This is what happens when I get distracted by Addie while feeding him.  He takes matters into his own hands.


Decided to start holding his bottle 
 Working on feeding himself

 Logan is obsessed with watching the Ipad or any TV for that matter.  Addie gets so mad when his grabby fingers throw something off!


 Working on using a sippy cup, he can't seem to figure it out or a straw either.


 First time riding on a train.  Logan was absolutely mesmerized the whole time.

1 comment:

little red hen said...

WAIT!! If he is 9 months old, that means its been 9 months since I visited! I'm a bad friend. Hope to come visit soon!!