Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Making Her Debut

Addison Cherie Scott
July 17th 2010
2:45 AM
7lbs 3oz 19 inches
Our sweet baby Addie is finally here! On Friday night around 10:30 pm I was watching the news and suddenly had a horrible pain and there was no mistaking it for false, it was the real thing. Five minutes later I had another horrible contraction and then another five minutes after that. Then my water broke...that was quite the experience. I couldn't believe how quick I was suddenly in labor, I always thought it would be a long process of timing contractions and wondering if it really was time to go to the hospital etc. but we knew it was time to go. We got to the hospital at about 10:45 pm and I was dilated to a 5 plus. I begged for the epidural immediately...so grateful for modern medicine! About 2 hours later I was dilated to a 10 (again wasn't expecting it to go so quickly), did an hour of rest and descend, and about 45 minutes of pushing and she was here. My labor was only four hours I was seriously overwhelmed at how quickly the whole thing went, but I didn't mind one bit. I made the mistake of thinking I could handle having them put her directly on me after she came out, but me having the weak stomach that I do, suddenly felt like I was going to throw up and had them immediately move the baby right before I threw up like four times, luckily it didn't get on her! They cleaned her off and Nephi held her for a long time because I had horrible labor shakes that I could not control...not fun. Finally I was able to cuddle my beautiful baby...she is just perfect!
She came out sunny side up and had a huge cone head, luckily it went away quickly




Aunt Crystal, we gave Addie her middle name

First Family Photo




Uncle Kev
Nice and snug. She insists on being swaddled at all times and lets you know it! Seriously this girl comes out of her swaddle for any reason and she screams...can you say drama queen!
Going Home

First (sponge) bath and she absolutely hated it until we wrapped her up and washed her hair in the sink

She loved being snuggled after her bath
Love this pic
Addie and her cousin Jace. He is almost 3 months it is crazy to see the difference in size

My amazing mom came and stayed with us for two days to help teach me how to be a mom, she just has that touch
Tim and Jace stopped by for a visit


Addie had to go on the bili lights for her jaundice. I bawled like a baby when they told me she had to be on there 24/7 except feeding and diapering. It has been really hard not being able to hold her whenever we want, but hopefully this will be the last day she is on it.
She is such a great baby and we have loved every second of the time we have had with her. She is already such a joy in our lives and we are so grateful for her and the spirit she brings into our home.

5 comments:

Daniel & Sarah said...

emily!! she is beautiful! i want one haha

Sara Johns said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Shane and McKenzee said...

She is absolutely adorable! So glad everything went smooth and quick. I seriously got tears in my eyes reading this. She is so precious, so glad we're next door neighbors haha can't wait to see her!!! Let me know if you need anything.

Kelly said...

Congrats em!! I cant wait to meet her! Im glad that everything went well :] Hopefully the jaundice goes away ASAP!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Congrats Em that's awesome, Such a pretty baby!