Friday, April 15, 2011

Addie goes to California

Addie and I went with my parents to Southern California for a family friend's mission farewell.  I was itching for a getaway and wish that Nephi could have come with, but me and Addie sure had a blast with my parents!  We left last Thursday and stayed the night in St. George.  My dad had enough points to get two suites, so Addie and I had a huge jacuzzi suite for just the two of us, Phi missed out!  
Addie looked tiny on this giant king size bed.  

Addie spent a lot of time in her car seat and did so amazing.  I was super stressed about how she would do in the car cuz she had never been further than an hour from home and she exceeded all expectations.  It probably helped that she had me in the back seat to keep her company!

The weather wasn't super great for the first couple of days (but apparently it was a lot better than what was going on back home) but I was determined to take Addie to the beach.  When I saw the beach cruiser with an infant seat for rent I could not resist.  Addie and I took a nice long ride along the beach and she had a ball!  I am so glad I decided to take her on a ride, it was so much fun!




I put Addie's feet in the ocean and in the sand...she wasn't a fan!




She refused to put her feet down in the sand!

I also was determined to make it to an H & M while we were there and the one we went to had baby clothes.  Who knew H & M had baby clothes.  Of course I got Addie a couple of things!

The Charleson's, who we stayed with, have this adorable dog named Abbie, yeah that was a little confusing all weekend!  Abbie was obsessed with Addie and couldn't get enough of her or her things.  She even got Addie's binkie in her mouth...disgusting!  Addie was pretty entertained by her as well.  It was so cute to see them together.

Abbie kept wanting to lick Addie's ears and Addie wasn't sure how she felt about it


Addie looked so stinkin cute in her church outfit and was being super funny at the luncheon afterward while everyone sat around and watched her, I couldn't resist snapping some pics of her.  This was the first time in a LONG time she kept her headband on all through church



Addie and grandma by the pool, too bad it was too cold to swim.  I was hoping to break out Addie's new swimsuit!

My dad stayed in Cali to work and my mom, Addie, and I flew home on Monday.  Again, my worrying little self was stressed about flying with a baby, and once again Addie blew me away with how well she did.  We had two flights, she played in my lap the first flight and slept in her car seat the whole second flight.  Can you say angel baby!?  We had so much fun and I was so grateful for all the help I received from fam/friends.  I was definitely grateful to get back home to Phi and a schedule.  Hopefully we can get out there again and Nephi can come next time.

2 comments:

Annie O Castro said...

these pictures are so cute!! my favorite is the one with you and her on your bike. how fun. i'm jealous.

Shane and McKenzee said...

She just keeps getting cuter!!! I thought you were going to call me so we could hang out!