Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer Part 2

For the remainder of the summer we spent most of our days at Cherry Hill, the splash pad or a park...if there was a lot of shade there! I took Addie to our first outdoor movie in Kaysville to see Brave and we had a lot of fun playing around until the movie started. She lasted for about half of the movie and then I got sick of fighting her to stay laying down and dealing with her meltdowns so we headed home early. 


 On the days that were too hot or the nights when Nephi worked late, we headed to any indoor playground we could find.  I had to document Addie conquering the "big slide" at our local Mickey D's. Seriously this little one has been petrified of going up there every since the first time we went there like a year and a half ago. I have had to climb up to the very top a time or two to retrieve a screaming Addie...not fun. Now when we go she just plays and I get a little break.
 My sidekick while Addie plays. Happy I let him hold the cup!
 My dad had been talking about getting Logan one of these mustache binkies and finally pulled the trigger.  Luckily Logan obliged and sucked on it while we were there. However, I have yet to get him to take it again. It is just not the same as the NUK's he is use to. Still so funny though. What is it about mustache's and babies...?
 Fun evening outside getting filthy with chalk.  Logan had so much fun and threw a fit when we had to go inside.  He may tried to taste a couple of them!

 Just had to throw in this picture so I wouldn't forget when Addie tried to listen to her seashell pasta noodles the first time she had them. She kills me. Now she requests seashells every time we have spaghetti!
 If this isn't a legit face-painted cat, I don't know what is. Just another night at Station Park!
 Phi and I love demolition derby's and use to go to them several times a summer when we lived in Logan. We hadn't been to one since we moved and finally decided to go to the derby they had at the Davis County Fair. We had a lot of fun but were definitely a little disappointed that each heat only had like 4 cars at most, so the action was less than we were use to at the Cache County ones. At least we got to see a car flip over and have another car on top of it...right?!
 Kev spent hte summer in Jerusalem doing a study abroad. We were so excited to go to the airport and pick him up when he got home.  The second he picked Addie up she started bawling and has slowly started to warm back up to him again.  Seriously could she be anymore shy. Logan however loved him and Kevin loved using him to get extra attention from the ladies!
Logan got his first big boy haircut...finally.  He had been rocking a little mullet for too long. Can't believe how grown up it makes him look. I love trying to style his hair but am not so great at it...hopefully practice makes perfect!
 Bath time fun. These two love to play and giggle together in the bath and I love watching them get along.
 Addie was waiting all summer to finally go to the Davis County Fair.  She loved all the animals, but when I took her in to the petting zoo area with a cup of food to feed the animals, once again my over dramatic little girl started screaming bloody murder and wanted out of there as fast as she could...baby steps I guess.
 I can't complain too much though because she showed us how brave she was by riding the pony for the first time.  We met up with our friends, the Browns and Addie had a blast riding the ponies with her little buddy Easton.


 Of course she wanted to ride every ride there.  She had fun riding a couple of them with her friends.




I sure do love a good fair!
 We finally went to the children's museum at the perfect time...the week that all the kids went back to school.  Everyone was in school and it was too early in the year for field trips, so we practically had the place to ourselves.  Both Addie and Logan had a lot of fun, especially on the helicopter!
 This last picture I just had to throw in.  Addie had her first sleepover at my Mom's and the next morning my mom took her out to garage sales with her.  Addie picked out the hat and dress up and just plopped herself down in this random persons chair.  I can't help but think she looks like such little old lady...priceless!
That's pretty much what we did this summer.  We tried to get out and do one thing every day and I think we did a pretty good job of staying busy and having fun.  We are looking forward to fall, the cooler temps and a little bit of structure and time to slow down a bit.  Up next...Addie's first day of preschool!

No comments: