Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

Addie loved learning about the history behind Thanksgiving this year.  One day she came home with an Indian necklace and feather headband and she probably wore those things for a solid week.
  Pretending to be an Indian
 Addie's preschool had a Thanksgiving Feast that I got to attend too.  They had kid friendly food, lots of crafts and activities, and did a little program with a couple of songs at the end.  It was so cute and Addie had a blast.  I think her favorite part was making the Indian vest, which she added to her collection of Indian dress-ups from the pics above.




 The day before Thanksgiving we went and saw the movie Frozen.  We had both been waiting forever to see this movie and it did not disappoint.  I tried to get a pic of us in the theater but the light on my phone was just too bright!  I thought this was still a cute/funny pic of Addie blocking the flash.  We loved, loved, loved the movie and have already seen it twice and that's saying something, because I rarely spend money on movies a first time, let alone a second.  We have every song memorized from the soundtrack.  I love the music!
As far as Thanksgiving day goes, I don't have one picture to prove we celebrated, I know, lame.  We sure did enjoy our day though.  Nephi went with my dad and brothers to golf for free at Oakridge Country Club. Apparently golfing at a country club is worth freezing your fanny off. We had dinner with Nephi's family this year, delicious food and good company.  They live conveniently close to both Old Navy and Carter's, so I sent Nephi home with the kids and stayed to do some Black Friday shopping.  I love scoring a good deal on cute kids clothes. It was another great Thanksgiving.
Up next Christmas. I am slowly but surely catching up! 

No comments: