Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break In California

We're BACK!!! Well we have been back for about a week I just haven't had a single second to update the blog. We had such a blast in Southern California. It was a quick trip but exactly what we needed to take a break from our hectic lives and prepare ourselves for the last month of the semester. It was so nice to actually fly somewhere. I am so use to driving to Cali that I didn't know what I was missing out on. I am not gonna lie I was a little bit...ok a lot scared of gonig on a plane. It had been nine years since my last plane ride and my fingernail marks in Phi's hands are proof of that. After getting over the initial fear I loved it and hope to fly again soon! Here are some of the things we did while we were in the sunny OC!
Went to Knott's Berry farm..reluctantly because of my fear of heights...apparently I have a lot of fears. However I was also able to conquer some of my fears and ride some rides that I would have never thought was possible for me to do. The best part of going to Knott's was the perfect weather that was not too hot or too cold and literally walking on to every single ride...seriously.
This is what I was doing on this coaster. Hanging coasters freak me out!





This is probably the one ride that I would have refused to go on. Lucky for me it was closed, but Phi was way bummed.


An Indian friend I made there!




I have to give a shout out to H & M! I have wanted to go here my whole life and finally got the chance on this trip. Everytime I go to Cali I am reminded of what crappy shopping Utah has to offer. California on the other hand has everything. We stumbled upon this shopping center that was like three times the size of a regular mall and also had a breezeway connecting to a whole other side that was just as big. I could have spent my whole vacation here. Seriously I was in shopper's heaven!


Huntington Beach was incred, but a little too cold for me to even think about going in the water. Nephi couldn't resist and braved the waves while I laid on the beach.
We rented beach cruisers and rode along the coast. Nephi had a sweet orange bike

And I had an awesome pink bike with a basket for my pink purse and a pink bell. It was probaly the highlight of my trip to just ride up and down the coast careful!



We ate at this way yummy restraunt called Claim Jumper and I was blown away by the size of Phi's ribs. Seriously these pics don't do it justice. Even Nephi was overwhelmed by the amount of ribs and only finished about half they were seriously out of control!


I just had to put this pic on here. Let's just say Inn'n'Out was the highlight of the trip for Phi. He would have eaten there every meal if I let him. We both love it and look forward to it each time we go to Cali...and are super excited they are building one in Orem and Draper soon!

The beautiful Newport Beach temple...I love that it is pink. It was fun to see it again, I was able to go through this when they had the open house it is such a beautiful temple.



One last trip to Newport beach before we headed to the airport. I have this thing for pier's!
We also went to Hollywood and did all of the touristy stuff. Because there was so much to see and we didn't really know what we were doing, we decided to go on a tour and have someone show us all the sights! It was well worth it we saw a lot of stars homes and glitz and glam of Hollywood and Beverly Hills. I spent forev putting together a slideshow of the pics I took, but I can't get it to show up so I will have to work on that tomorrow. All in all we had an awesome trip and would love to go back there soon

1 comment:

Kelly said...

benj that looks like so much fun!!! im very jealous for sure haha i miss you we need to hang out again asap. i text shelley today that u & her were in my dream last week haha