Sunday, November 11, 2012

Half Birthday

Well my baby boy is growing up on me and halfway, well more than halfway now, to the big one year!  These past six months have flown by and lately I have found myself a little sad about how fast Logan is growing up.  I am not one of those moms who usually has a hard time with them moving onto the next stage, in fact I always seem to want them to get to the next stage and find each stage to be better and better, but with Logan I feel like he was never my baby.  He has never liked to be held or cuddled and I feel like I was just in survival mode with the adjustment to two kids for so long that I missed out on enjoying him as a little baby.  Nonetheless, he is growing up on me and turning into such a sweet, happy, fun-loving boy.  Did I mention he is one big boy.  His stats at six months were:
Weight: 18 lbs 13 oz. about 85%
Height: 26 inches about 30%
Head: 18 inches about 90%
Logan seriously has the build of a football player, he is getting so heavy to hold and doesn't help much so he is pretty much dead weight.  He is following in his sisters footsteps with being at the top of the charts for weight and the bottom for height, go figure!  Oh, and his head is almost the size of Addie's!
 His beautiful blue eyes
 My sleepy baby, he doesn't like to cuddle with me but he sure likes to with his Aden and Anais blankies!
 Happy in his bumbo, for a minute at least!
 He gave his jumper a go this past month and has really started to go crazy.  I love seeing him discover the different toys to play with on it and jump around with a huge grin on his face!
  Sunday best, such a handsome boy

 Dressed up as a pirate for his first Halloween
 Kicking it old school

Logan is seriously the most laid back baby.  He still doesn't move much and seems totally content to just sit back and observe.  I have let myself worry a little bit about the fact that he doesn't really roll (other than from his belly to back because he still hates his tummy time) or show much of an interest in standing or sitting up, but I am just trying to let Logan do things on his own time table and enjoy the fact that he isn't going anywhere fast.  He has such a sweet, easy going disposition and I just love him so much. He is enjoying his oatmeal cereal and veggies.  I have been holding off on fruit until I know he likes the veggies.  His favorite is still sweet potatoes hands down.  He is still a great sleeper at night and usually sleeps from about 9:00 pm to 8:00 am, or at least he did until that darn daylight savings decided to throw everything off.  Seriously, ever since I had Addie I dread daylight savings, with kids you don't get to enjoy the extra hour of sleep, instead they are up and ready to go an hour earlier...ugh! This past month Logan has taken a lot more of an interest in trying to grab things, especially paper and put it into his mouth.  He pretty much has to have something in there at all times.  He is at such a fun age right now, he is so smiley and interested in everything, but he still stays put...for now!  
       Happy half birthday Logan, we sure love you!

1 comment:

Nick and Brent said...

He sure gives the sweetest smiles for pictures, talk about being photogenic! Can't believe how big he's getting!