Saturday, April 20, 2013

Easter 2013

We dyed eggs for family night the week of Easter and Addie was in heaven.  She hated waiting for them to finish though! She thought that because we were dying eggs it meant it was Easter right then, silly girl.  She was very antsy all week for the Easter bunny to come!  The Saturday before Easter we took the kiddos to the city egg hunt.  Unfortunately Nephi caught the nasty stomach bug that went through both Addie and Logan earlier in the week and was pretty much down for the count the whole weekend, but he mustered up enough energy for the egg hunt.  Logan enjoyed watching all the crazy kids and parents from the comfort of his stroller and Addie had fun collecting eggs for the whole 10 seconds it took for them to all be snatched up!  Seriously though, parents are crazy at egg hunts.  After opening up all her eggs and getting to claim two prizes we headed home.  At this point Nephi was totally beat and had pretty much used up all his energy for the day, so we left him home and spent the afternoon at my mom's.  




 Addie and all her loot

 The line for the Easter bunny was way long, there was no wait for the Famous Dave's pig...imagine that ; )  Doesn't Addie look thrilled?!
  Sunday morning was a lot of fun for Addie.  She loved following her eggs to her basket of goodies and new church clothes.  Nephi was feeling miserable so I pretty much had to get them all ready for church and take them to church by myself.  First, and hopefully last time I have to have two kids by myself in sacrament meeting.  





 These two would not cooperate at the same time for a picture.  Oh well, they are cute and their outfits were adorable!
After church and naps I packed up the kids and headed over to my mom's solo again.  I realize Nephi was miserably sick and missed out on Easter, but I battled two kids, one on a major sugar high, for two days by myself while he sat home and watched tv, who do you think had it easier, just saying!  We had a yummy dinner and did both a little kid hunt and big kid hunt.  I got the golden egg this year, which never happens!  Hello extra $20.  
 Addie has the hunting down


 I love this picture of Addie hoarding her candy and eating like a little rabbit, fitting for the bunny ears she is wearing!


What a beautiful day and beautiful chance to reflect on the sacrifice of our Savior for each of us and the atonement.  I am so grateful he is there to carry me when times get hard and understands everything that I am going through.  So grateful for all I have!  

No comments: