Tuesday, July 31, 2012

3 Months of Fun

Well Logan is three months now (plus a week since I am behind on posting).  I have really enjoyed month three and Logan is so dang cute and fun.  His personality is starting to come out and he is so interactive.  Well I survived having two kids under two and I am not sure I ever want to do that again!  But things are getting much easier now and we are in a pretty good routine.  I have finally comes to terms that Logan is not the same baby as Addie.  For the longest time I tried to force him to follow babywise and follow the same schedule I had Addie on that her sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, but it just doesn't work for Logan.  Now that I am not stressing about him having such a strict nap schedule and freaking out if he wakes up early (because he always does) things are much better for both of us.  Here are some fact about Logan at 3 months:
-he is a major cat napper and has a hard time sleeping for longer than half hour for most of his naps.
-went from hating his swing to loving it and only wanting to nap in there.  If he is in his swing he will nap for two hours, anywhere else it is just a cat nap.
-He doesn't like to be swaddled for naps anymore, just nighttime.  And even then I still find him like this some mornings.  Cracks me up.
-He is a very light sleeper and wakes up to everything.  Which can be hard when he has a very loud sister running around.  He will occasionally fall asleep in the car but wakes the second we stop, drives me a little bit nuts.  He has been waking up multiple times during the night, not to eat, but just to get his binky and get resettled.  Luckily in the fast few days he has been doing better and usually sleeps from 10-6 or so and then goes back to sleep til 8:30.
-He loves to have something in his mouth, at all times.  Whether it is his binky, fist, or a blanket there is always something he is sucking on.  
-He is starting to hold his head up during tummy time.
-Absolutely loves his bathes and kicks like crazy the whole time
-Loves sitting up and enjoys sitting in his bumbo.  Everything we prop him up on the couch or put him in his bumbo he gets so smiley and happy.

-Prefers laying down and being talked to over being held.  Seriously this little boy isn't a fan of cuddling or even being held much for that matter.  He is the total opposite of Addie as a baby.  It is nice that I can just lay him down and he can entertain himself, but it makes me kind of sad that he doesn't like to snuggle.
 -He loves to snuggle his blankies right up to his face when he sleeps.  Seriously Aden and Anais blankets have changed my life.  Don't know how I didn't know about them with Addie but Logan loves his and they are so lightweight and soft
-He has become quite the little chatterbox and loves to coo and tell us stories
Seriously this boy a big ball of gooey goodness and I could just eat him up.  He really is an angel baby and is always so happy and smiley.  I mean look at this last pic, how could you resist that smile!

No comments: