Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Awesome Birthday Weekend!!

I just had such a fun birthday. The best part was it kinda lasted all weekend. It's nice cuz my birthday fell on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Phi and I went to Park City on Friday night and stayed overnight. We did some swimming, relaxing, shopping, and we rode the ziprider and alpine slide. This was a huge accomplishment for me cuz I am terrified of heights. I was super nervous and thought I was going to die, but after the initial drop I really enjoyed freefalling down the mountain. It was a lot of fun and the alpine slide was pretty fun too. Nephi was so good to me this year. He did so much nice stuff for me and made me feel so special. I am so lucky to have him. After our Park City fun we met up with my parents in Salt Lake and Nephi went with my dad to a BYU game so my mom and I could do some shopping together and had a good time then me, mom, Crys, Tim, and Jessica met Phi and Dad at Macaroni Grill for dinner. It was a lot of fun and I love the bread there. I got a special birthday cake and a guy sang me happy birthday in Italian.

Then today Nephi and I had to give talks in church...stress. I had had no time to do my talk so I was up bright and early this morning trying to get my talk written. Mom, dad, and Crystal came up to hear our talks and my wonderful mom brought dinner. It was the greatest birthday ever and rightfully so cuz I am officially 21! I have been upgraded to the horizontal drivers license! Well it was an amazing birthday and thanks to Phi, fam, and friends for making it so fun! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Jaron and Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Yeah for being 21!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. congrats on the new license =)

little red hen said...

Happy Late Birthday, EM!!
I have been thinking about you for 2 weeks now! I'm lame, sorry I didn't see you or call on your big day! 21, that is awesome. And to think that when I was 21, I wasn't even close to being married!! You Rock!
So, next time you go to PC, ride the alpine coaster. The craziest rush ever! I love you so much. Have a great week and an awesome 21st year of life!!